Armada Skilled Homecare is looking for a CNA/ Certified home health Aide to see patients in the Santa Fe and the surrounding areas.
CNA a paraprofessional person who is specifically trained, competent and performs assigned functions of personal care to the patient in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervision of the registered nurse.
- Must meet Medicare conditions of participation for home health aide training program and competency
- Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly
- Ability to carry out directions read and write
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job
- Understands and adheres to established agency policies and procedures
- Preforms personal care, bath and hands-on care as assigned.
- Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per agency policy.
- Reports changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the RN
- Ambulates and exercises the patient as assigned.
- Preforms simple procedures as an extension of the therapy or nursing services, e.g., range of motion exercises as assigned.
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as assigned
- Attends in service and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary
- Attends patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity
- Heavy lifting
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Full-Time and PRN Job opportunities available.
Armada Skilled Homecare is an equal opportunity employer